Thursday, January 27, 2011

From Single to Family Man



It has just set in today. I have lived my life for 28 years single, but in just about 50 days I will have a wife, and we will start our family. I guess I always knew that one day I would make this transition, but having dinner with Samantha's parents at our future home, really made it sink in. Watching Samantha cook and serve, and set a wonderful spread, was more of a blessing then I ever thought it would be. Words cant really explain the feeling of watching the woman I am going to share my life with, do the things that she will be doing for me and our children for the rest of our live. I have always pictured it in my mind, but now its real, and it was worth the wait.

A family is a great responsibility, but its a greater joy. 


Tonight was like a glimpse into the future. Having family over, cooking for them, enjoying the night with some good ole Christ honoring conversation. I have thought over and over about the kind of home that I wanted to have. Not about the style or color, but about the spiritual atmosphere. This will be our home, and what we do in it must honor God.

I preached a message some time back about "the Home" and it really got me thinking about the way I need to be a leader of my wife and my home. If I fail to lead, our home will fail.



To those of you single folks, hoping to one day have a family.  Let me challenge you to seek God, prepare and be ready as much as possible for the one that God created for you. Then when that time comes, you wont have to spend that time preparing, but rather enjoying you spouse. Ladies learn to be a helpmeet, men learn to be servant leaders, and both learn how to fulfill the role that God has placed you in. 


Dont just long for a spouse, prepare for them. Prepare for your future family, learn how to care for a family, if you do you will be that much more ahead. The way to "find" a spouse is to prepare.




"Adam are you ready for a family?" "I am."


Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.
Colossians 3:18-20

Below is a great book that helped Samantha and me in our preparation.

No comments:

Post a Comment