Thursday, February 10, 2011

Love in a Bag

If you could put love in a bag it would look like this:


Now i know what some of you are thinking. Some men are thinking "AMEN brother, 'the food' that is a gift from God." And some of you ladies are thinking "Awww how sweet, it has their initials on it." But for me its so much more.

Its been said that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, but I say unto you that the way to a man's heart is through his heart. Find out who he is and what he loves, be willing to be what your man needs you to be for him (out of love, not deception). Be his help meet, the one that was created to help him meet his goals and help him be all that God created him to be. 
Do this and you will get his heart!
Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
I Corinthians 11:9

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
Genesis 2:18

Every day with only a few exceptions Samantha has dropped off lunch at my office. Almost every time it has been something she made, and something delicious I might add. Times like today, when she was running errands and didn't have time, she still made time for me. That's a gift! Not the food, but the one bringing the food.

So if earthly love could be put in a bag it would be this. It truly is a symbol of her love and care for me. Her willingness  to go out of her way to meet my needs.

This ought to be each one of our goals, to seek to meet our fiancĂ©e/spouses needs, to be a giver and not a taker. To meet their needs more then our wants.


Thank you so much Samantha.

...and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.
Acts 20:35b



No comments:

Post a Comment