Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Fish Out of Water


Well for those that know me, I am most comfortable in a pair of Carhartt pants, some Nike running shoes, and a hoodie of some sort. So this event of getting fitted for a suit was quite the fish out of water experience!

From the moment I walked in I knew this wasn't going to be easy! Im a guy! I dont usually like shopping, let alone for clothes! I just want to see it on the rack, look to see if its relatively close to my size, buy it and be out of there in under 10 minutes. But fortunately I had Samantha with me and my mom to give their input on every jacket I was forced to try on. Yes forced!



There is something quite thrilling in knowing that you are putting on the suit that you will take your sacred wedding vows in. But as I tried on suits of all shapes and sizes, I got to thinking of the day that I will receive my heavenly wedding garment as I enter the Marriage Supper of the Lamb. What a wonderful picture of Salvation!


Mat 22:12And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.



Today I am putting on my earthly wedding garment, and some day soon I will be robed in white, being ushered in to meet my bride-groom Jesus Christ. Are you prepared to meet Jesus?


Rev 19:7Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.



There are few things as uncomfortable as being measured for clothing. It shatters all illusion that you are fit. We think in our minds "I'm doing good, im not bad, im not skinny but im still doing good." And we carry that hope with us day to day... until the tape measure comes out! That evil tool, has no mercy it tells the truth and cares very little for your pride or self esteem. It seems to almost mock you as it wraps its self around you!

But all kidding aside, being measured with a tape measure, got me thinking "Lord I pray that when my life here on this earth is done, and you take out your perfect ruler of what you wanted my life to be after I was saved, and how you wanted my life to be lived, Will I measure up?" When we stand before the Lord, and our works are tried by fire (the tape measure), there will be no sympathy, no embellishment. What we did for the Lord will be manifested right before our eyes, we will either be happy or full of shame. Lord help us to measure up while we still have time.


1Cr 3:13Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.


Its very strange to have someone put on your shoes for you and then tie them, I can only image the feeling the Apostles felt as the Lord Jesus washed their feet. I can imagine the deep humility that would fill my soul.




Well I survived! This is just one step closer to the marriage altar. All in all it was a fun day. 
Im grateful for you Samantha.


P.S. Take a look at my fashion critics/experts!

No comments:

Post a Comment