Friday, June 17, 2011

Bake Sale!!


Its Bake Sale Time!!

Samantha and I were given the task of being the head counselors for our church group this year. It is just another area that God, has opened the door for us. Pray that we would walk through this door and every door, humbly and with a servants heart.

Each new experience can be a little scary.  With all the paperwork and planning. It sure can be overwhelming. It is truly a great responsibility. 

Knowing that if I serve God and give him my best and live to try to reach teens (and adults) for the Lord, that He can and will save them, but at the same time if I just get comfortable, and put my life into cruse control, many souls will be lost, and their blood will be on my hands.


 Their soul is my responsibility.

 With all this in mind, I accept the role and responsibility that the Lord has given us, with a humbled heart, knowing that it is preparing us for the future ministries God would have us to be in. Knowing that it is preparing us for our future babies.

NOW, OFF TO THE BAKE SALE!


We recently had a bake sale to try and raise money for our young people to go to Bible Camp. This year instead of having a camp for all ages, it was split up into two age groups. 8-12 and 13-18.


We set up two stands, one at Walmart and the other at Lowes Supersave. Samantha and I as well as the older kids were at Supersave. While the counselors and kids who were going to the other camp set up at Walmart.


This was quite the experience.
 I had never participated in a bake sale but it was actually pretty fun. We had so many people from our church bake things, it made it pretty easy on us, because there was quite a bit to choose from.


We needed three tables to hold all the different foods.

Sweet Kids Make All the Difference

I was so blessed by our group of kids. They really did a great job! They had such a sweet spirit. They did what we asked of them happily! We had some of the girls holding signs and some of the guys passing out tracts. I think in all we must of passed out 600-800 tracts in about 4 hours.



It was actually pretty neat to see how people responded to our group of kids. There were comments of how nice the kids looked. A few people would just donate money, with the comments "I will support what you guys are doing."

 We were able to make quite a bit of money toward camp. And I think our kids learned that everything they do can have a spiritual impact. Soul-winning can be done everywhere they go. Not just on Saturday mornings or Thursday night.

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
I Corinthians 10:31














It's all about presentation!


Holding the Sign!











My biggest prayer in regards to this camp is that, first, kids would get saved, and second, that kids would dedicate their lives to Christ.

Please pray that this camp would be a life changing event for all who go.

1 comment:

  1. Nice and Beautiful Cakes. We pray more young people's lives will be changed.

    ReplyDelete