Saturday, August 27, 2011

Fun at the Museum!

This weekend Samantha took some time to celebrate our 5 month anniversary. 

We spent the weekend in Albuquerque. While we were there we went to several thrift shops and found some pretty good deals. We got a nativity set for 20 dollars and ceramic little village. I got a beautiful wood plaque that is a page out of a songbook with the words to the song "It is well with my soul."


My brother Alex
While we were in Albuquerque we went to the New Mexico Natural History Museum. My brother Alex lives in Albuquerque so we were able to spend the night at his house and bring him along to the museum. Alex has a way about him that makes things seem more fun. He is always cracking jokes, or making funny comments. He kept making Samantha and I laugh. 

 It has been quite a while since we had visited the Natural History Museum. I (Adam) can remember running all over that place on a field trip in school. It seemed so big, and so mysterious when I was little.
One of the best parts of going to the Museum of Natural History was getting to watch an educational Dynamax (IMAX) presentation about the Ocean and the science of waves. It was pretty neat to see it in 3-D.



As a Christian who knows the truth, that God is the creator and that evolution is a lie. It gave us a sense of freedom to walk around and enjoy, some of God's creatures. But I couldn't help but think that someday when Samantha and I take our children here, I will have to explain that some of the things that they will hear and read will not be true. While I was there I could hear the voice in my head of a little girl saying "Daddy God made the dinosaurs, not evolution."







You guessed it! It was Alex's idea to take these picture!



As a youth, one of the most exciting things at this museum was the exhibit where you could walk on lava/magma! When I was little it looked so cool! I would get all excited and a little scared. I really thought I was walking over lava...lol



Next we got to make our own earthquake. The floor has built in seismographs and you get to jump up and down and watch the needle go crazy!
Create your own earthquake!




Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox.
Lo now, his strength [is] in his loins, and his force [is] in the navel of his belly.He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together.His bones [are as] strong pieces of brass; his bones [are] like bars of iron. Job 40:15-18

Behold, he drinketh up a river, [and] hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth.
Job 40:23

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you, Samantha, and your brother had a LOT of fun:)

    Blessings in Christ,
    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. looks like a lot of fun:D Thanks for sharing! I love museums.

    Blessings in Christ,
    Mikailah

    ReplyDelete