Monday, August 15, 2011

Teen Fellowship at Our House

This Saturday we had a teen fellowship at our house.


 Ever since camp, Samantha and I had wanted to have our teens over for food and fellowship. But unfortunately our schedules had been rearranged for us. With losing the baby the day we were to move in our new house, things sort of got rearranged. We suddenly found ourselves very busy with doctors appointments. And had to set aside time for ourselves to heal over the loss.

But now that things are pretty much back to normal, were were able to have some of the teens over.

The plan was to have the kids meet us at the church at 9:30am for Saturday visitation and those who needed a ride, we would pick up on a van as we went out. Well 9:30 rolled around and none of the teens were there, so we set out on a mission to go get them! Sure we had to wait for few to change out of their PJ's but they came!


Samantha and I as well as others had noticed that many of our teens have taken a step away from the Lord this summer. I think that with all the idle time, they got lazy in the areas of Bible reading and prayer. But we hope that with monthly meetings, God will reignite the fire!

We had a total of 10 people go out soul winning. 

After we picked up the last kid, we paired up and went our ways. When we have teens we like to door knock an area where we will all stay close. So we can all keep an eye on each other.

One of the boys that went with me got to personally witness to two men. It was neat to see him giving the plan of salvation out. He told me, "I used to be scared, but now I know that Jesus is with me, I'm not scared anymore." AMEN!

The other boy that was with me, just got saved at camp. He is a little rough around the edges but he is very fervent. He kept saying lets hurry! Lets go talk to them! AMEN! AGAIN!

AFTER VISITATION WE HEADED TO OUR HOME


Some of the kids played volleyball, while others stayed inside and talked with Samantha and the other ladies.

By the end of the day all the kids were having so much fun. They were so bummed out, that it was time to go home. But I think just between you and me, they had just as much fun on the ride home!







Both Samantha and I fell really blessed to be able to open our home up to the youth of our church and we pray that they will always find our home as a place that they can come to. We pray that we will provide a place where they can come and talk and share what is on their hearts.

We want to thank everyone who brought food and who helped out. We couldn't of done it without you! Special thanks to Pastor and Mrs. McMath, Lindy (mom), Jaclyn, Jeff, Mom and Dad Leeder.

Thank you all for coming, you made our new home feel very special. All in all we had a total of 18 people! Next month were going to try for 30!

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I went soulwinning saturday, and it went pretty well. I still get nervous, but I know that the Lord will help me with that:)

    Blessings in Christ,
    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca,

    Soul-winning is one of the scariest/rewarding things that we as Christians can do. The first time I(Adam) ever passed our a tract I almost threw it at the person and ran away...So yea I know what you mean :)

    Once we get past the fear, and realize that Jesus is with us. Soul-winning becomes not only fun, but so rewarding, knowing that we helps someone get saved.

    God Bless you,
    Adam and Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mikailah,

    Thank you again for your prayers and support!

    God Bless
    Adam and Samantha

    ReplyDelete