Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Power Of God


I recently had the opportunity to operate a front end loader. Dad (Leeder) owns a construction company that does excavation and paving. This week they had a 2007 Caterpillar 966 on site.

CAT 966


Prior to this time the bigest tractor I ever operated was a Kubota L3000dt which is significantly smaller.

I must admit that stepping in the loader, I felt a little confident that I would be able to operate it, no problem. I mean after all I had operated our little tractor many times.


It really was in many ways the same, but in some major ways it was a whole lot different.


The amazing force that is generated by the machine was truly humbling. Each time I moved the huge bucket the entire cab shook. 


Then as I approached a pile of asphalt, the loader effortlessly lifted a scoop the size of a car. 


All of this power, made me think of the amazing power of GOD. If this machine can move so much dirt, imagine the power of an infinite, all mighty God! One word from God, and the entire universe was created. WOW!

Operating equipment of this magnitude is a great responsibility, not to be taken lightly. One mistake and you could hurt or even kill someone. 


Preaching on the Jobsite




Again this past week I had the wonderful privilege of preaching on the jobsite, where dad (Leeder) was working. 

One of the wonderful things this company does, is they have a Monday chapel meeting. This is 100% voluntary and no one is forced to stay.

Each monday a different preacher or missionary is able to preach a short 10-15 minute message. Many people have been saved as a result of this weekly meeting.

I was able to preach to about 20 men on the subject of; 
Jesus, The Way (The cross), The Truth, (The Word of God) and The Life (The choice of eternal life)

The Lord really did a work in that message, and I pray that fruit would come from this message. No matter who, where or when; any time you get a chance to preach the Word of God it is truly a privilege and honor.


Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
John 14:6

No comments:

Post a Comment