Friday, May 6, 2011

Sing Unto The Lord



Ever since I got saved back in 2001, it has been a dream of mine to have my wife sing a special in church before I preached. There is just something wonderful about the thought of you and your spouse serving side by side in the house of God. Working as a team with the Holy Spirit and each other to minister to the hearts and souls of those in attendance.

It is a great privilege and responsibly to stand in the pulpit and hold the Word of God, and deliver a message that God has given you.

It is an equal privileged and responsibility to stand and sing a special unto the Lord and minister to those who hear.

This past week in our Christian Academy chapel service, it happened. For the first time Mrs. Sandoval sang, before Mr. Sandoval preached. 

I was so blessed by Samantha's singing that I couldn't help but share a little bit of this testimony with the youth. Samantha has helped me in many ways as a minister. But her ability to play the piano and sing, have really added an extra blessing to the times when I have preached in churches or at nursing homes where there is not piano player.


The following song was sung for a Wednesday Night Service.



I explained to them (most knew already) how Samantha and I strived to do things in our betrothal as biblically pure as possible to show our love to God and each other, and how God brought us together in His perfect way and time. For many of them they were able to be a close part of our betrothal. Watching it step by step.

I also shared that as a was praying for my future wife, I was preparing for her also. I was making sure I was a man that would be worthy of a Virtuous Woman.

I also stressed that if they would prepare and wait on God that he would bring the perfect person to them too.

As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
Colossians 2:6

No comments:

Post a Comment