Wednesday, July 13, 2011

IT'S VBS TIME...AND YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?!?!?

Excited kids screaming at the top of their lungs!
Extremely exhausted workers!
Great food!
Sweaty bus drivers and even sweater kids!
Penny offerings!
Pie in the Eye!
Great preaching!
And of course lots of precious little souls saved!!




Boy we sure had a great time this year! I think I can speak for everyone, when I say, we had a great group of kids and a lot of fun!

My fun group of kids on "VAN # 3!!!!!"



Scale for penny offering
We were able to raise quite a bit of money through the penny offering.

For those of you who do not know what the penny offering is, it is a competition between the boys and the girls. Each night kids bring in what ever money they have and exchange it for pennys to be placed in a balance.


Look how innocent she looks!!! :-)
Each night several men and women are chosen to represent the boys or the girls. With the loser of the penny offering (boy's side or girls side), the adults get pied in the face, by the adult team who won (Men or Women).

This night our boys lost, but on the bright side the pie was pretty good...and I'm soooo glad I didn't have to pie my sweet wife.



In four days the total amount for the penny offerings were a little over 3000.00 dollars, Each year the money raised gets sent to Haiti to a national pastor, Bro Wilner, who has a Vacation Bible School just outside of Port Au Prince.


Each year they use the money raised from VBS to supply the food for over 150 children for the entire week. The remaining money will go to missionary David Fox, who has served on the mission field for over 10 years in the country of Haiti, to help supply some of his family's needs during the aftermath of the Earthquake and the building of his home. I think right now their biggest need is a well. Right now they are having to transport water.
Here is a link to a story I found on them.
 VBS in Haiti




This year we had Pastor Don Rice and his wife come down to help us with VBS. Pastor Rice and his wife were a great blessing and each night Bro Rice brought a great message on true treasure.






In all our highest attendance was about 120 kids. With over 60 kids makeing professions of faith.



Another great blessing to me was that some of our teens were able to talk to kids about the Lord for the first time because there were so many kids that went forward the last 2 nights.




Two teens that I personally worked with both got saved and were extremely excited.



What an exciting time this VBS was. Can't wait for next year!




But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
Mark 10:14

4 comments:

  1. Amen looks like so much fun!!!

    I am jealous!!!! Ya'll got to see the Rice's and I didn't LOL. If they're still there tell them Mandy from Bro Martin's church says to tell them Hi. I love that family, such sweet people.

    God bless ya'll

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool. The Rice's are totally an amazing family!=) Wish I could have been there for VBS. I am still waiting for ya'll to come see me. Love you guys.
    ~Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mandy,

    I'm sorry but by the time I posted this they were already gone. But you are right they are really sweet and a lot of fun to be around.

    Thanks for the comment.

    Adam and Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katherine,

    We wish you could of been here too! We still want to go down there and visit you, but schedules are crazy right now. We have been enjoying the blog! We hope to go down soon, and don't worry we will bring you some coffee!! :)

    Love
    Adam and Samantha

    ReplyDelete