Sunday, July 10, 2011

Setting Up A Tent...A Rather Large Tent!

This past Saturday I had the privilege of helping some of the men in our church set up a big 'circus style' tent for Pastor Paul Jones. Pastor Jones pastors The First Baptist Church of Costilla County. This church is located in San Luis Colorado.

Before Samantha and I were married I had the wonderful opportunity to preach at his church while he was on a mission trip.

Pastor Jones is going to be using this tent for a Revival Service and Vacation Bible School.

Each year our church sends a group of men to set up the tent and to later take it down. 

I had made the trip a couple of times to help take the tent down, but this was the first time I got to help set it up.
It really was a lot of fun.


Now for a little walk on the tent?!?!
Yup Me and two other guys went up top to help close the Velcro rain flaps. It is pretty amazing how strong these tents are!
Me hanging on to the top pole!

I know I look goofy, But I was using one hand to hang on and the other to take a picture!



 We also had to drive about 15 miles away to load up all the chairs and tables from the church building and bring it over. Once we got it all set up it was ready for men and women, boys and girls to get preached at and SAVED!

 There is something very special to think that, we will have had a part in some boy or girl getting saved, because we helped to set up a place for them to come and hear the Gospel preached. 
Eternal riches!

The Little Town of San Luis



No comments:

Post a Comment