Saturday, July 16, 2011

Week 8 - Baby/Mommy update



Not a lot has been happening to my body on the outside, but on the inside however, I can tell our little one is growing and growing fast! 

This past week I was in Arizona visiting my memew with my mom. We had decided to go maternity clothes shopping, just us girls!

But on the way down there, full blown morning sickness had kicked in. I really thought I was going to be one of the lucky ones who didn't get it. But not so :(

My "morning sickness" has been more of an "all day sickness". I will be fine, then all of the sudden I will get nauseous, then after a while it will go away, then sneak back up on me. I have found that if I eat little snacks all day long it helps. Also one thing that has been helping is the little mints you get from Sonic. 

But now that I think about it, I am kind of glad to have it, because it reminds me not to over exert myself. It has also helped to ease my mind and remove some of the fears and questions that had been popping into my head. Questions like "what if my baby isn't healthy or growing right?"

I have been reading the book "What to Expect When Your Expecting" and it has been helping me understand what my little baby is doing and what he or she is doing to my body. I got my copy on e-bay for pretty cheep but I have included a link for Amazon for the book for anyone interested.

I would love to know if any of you (or anyone you know) have ever read this book and what you thought of it. My version is a little older and has a lady in a dress. I liked that! :)

See you next week!
God bless,
Samantha


3 comments:

  1. The sorrows come with the blessings! Congrats~
    Mikailah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mikailah,
    Thank you so much! I know that holding our baby will remove any memory of discomfort that I am going through. :)

    God Bless!
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Samantha~

    Thank you for praying for the family @ On Bent Knees.

    My Momma is 9 weeks along (tomorrow) with #9...we are so thrilled. Thoughts have popped into my head, but if we remember that this is the Lord's baby and it will be here as long as He needs it to be, that helps rest my mind. God's way is best even when it seems difficult.

    Anyways - praying that your pregnancy goes wonderfully well!
    Blessings,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete