Thursday, July 28, 2011

Be Still and Know That I am God


As "bad" things happen in our lives we as Christians can choose to get bitter at God or at others or we can choose to let God make us better.

No not everything that happens in life is good, but God never promised us that it would be, His promise is that He would work it all out for good.

We can use these seemingly bad things to draw us closer to Him and to each other, or we can let them drive a wedge between us.

We can let these events get us down or we can use these events to help us to look for others who are hurting and reach out to them.

Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;
Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4


The Lord is so precious, and loves each one of us so much that he sends things into our lives to make us more like Him and to increase our fellowship with Him.


How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
Psalms 139:17
Samantha sang this as a church special the day before we found out that our baby's heart had stopped.
Hearing this song sung by Samantha, brings a calming peace to my heart.

I know that I can be still and know that God is God.
-----------------------------------------------

Wednesday night at church I was looking through the Births page in my Bible and found something I wrote a long time ago (see caption). Then as I was sitting there it was almost as if God whispered in my ear, "Even to heaven, Adam" Immediately I wrote that in and peace flooded my soul.

Children: You have to be willing to let them go where ever  God calls them, because they are God's...even to heaven.



3 comments:

  1. Sounds like God was preparing your heart a long time ago for what He knew you would one day face..... We have such an awesome God!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I continue to pray for y'all! God will give you strength.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry for your loss, but praise God you'll see that baby someday!

    ReplyDelete